Sunday 9 September 2012

Audience Profile and Evaluation

Name: 
Sian Lynes

Gender:
Female

Age: 17

Occupation: 
Student

Background:
I am currently at college studying Media, Art and English. I have a huge passion for music, mainly from the pop and indie pop genres. My two main hobbies are art and fashion, I enjoy keeping up to date with the latest trends as well as exploring old trends and cultures. I use social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter to share and discuss current media revelation and artists I like with other fans, as well as follow and keep up to date with artists that I listen to. I regularly go to concerts and gigs of artists that I am a fan of which I enjoy and also buy artist merchandise to be a part of the experience. I like to explore and listen to new artists who are quite unique and bring something new to their genre; I also like to explore older artists, from which many current artists source inspiration. I mainly like artists which have a unique style and put on an elaborate and memorable live performance. Some examples of artists that I like include Marina and the Diamonds, Lana Del Rey, Lady Gaga, Pink Floyd, Ellie Goulding, Maroon 5, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, James Brown and Florence and the Machine. In my spare time I go out with my friends and I also have a part time job, in a small, indie music and clothing store which I fit in after college. I also buy music magazines such as Q and fashion magazines that regularly feature artists such as ELLE and read tabloid papers to keep updated with celebrity gossip and read interviews with artists that I like to keep involved.

Ambitions: 
In the future I aim to get a job in media, focusing mainly within fashion or art. I enjoy both these subjects and I will be going to University to study one of them. I will also stay at my part time job as I enjoy working there and the experiences I gain. 

Musical preferences: 
Mainstream Pop, Indie Pop, Alternative.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evaluation:
From this audience profile we have found that this is the ideal audience to appeal to and would also fit into our previously desired target market range of young females aged 16-24. However, although our video and artist will be catergorised as Indie Pop we can also appeal to a larger market by including mainstream pop culture elements in our branding. This can be done by focusing entirely on the artist within the video to follow pop genre conventions to appeal on a wider scale which would create an appeal to both males and females aged 16-24. By directing our artist at this market we would be able to use social networking sites to involve our audience and promote the video and digipack as the audience will be able to quickly share the video with friends to spread word of mouth. By having the artist also fitting into the age range the audience will be able to easily relate to them and are more likely to enjoy the contemporary song.

No comments:

Post a Comment