Thursday 8 November 2012

Digipak and Advertisement Fonts

On both my digipak and advertisement I have made alterations to the text post-feedback. I have not changed the font used as I think the current font 'Channel' works really well. Instead I have edited the text in order to help it stand out better, especially against my drawings which will be predominantly in the same colour. The images below show the editing I have done; the first image shows the text from my first draft digipak and advertisement and the second shows the changes I have made for my final products.

In this first version from my draft I have used no editing on the text and left it to stand alone, although I think this works well with my basic and simplistic appearance I felt it was a little lost on both the advertisement and digipak. Therefore, for my final media products I wanted the album name and artist's name to have a much more dynamic and powerful appearance. For this reason, I added in various editing styles to the font, such as outer glow which I feel works really well as it helps to make the text stand out from both the background and the main images. I have also used drop shadow to add some depth to the text, I feel this fits really well with the album name 'Ghosts' as it creates a shadowy ghost-like effect to the font.

No comments:

Post a Comment