Tuesday 16 October 2012

Digipak Research: Artist Logo

Logo Ideas for 'Lexi and the Spectrum'
I felt that the idea of an artist 'logo' could work really well for my artist, using the idea of the logo for 'Katy Perry' as below I have created some logos, using fonts found in my previous research, that I could use for both the digipak and advertisement.


































This first logo idea uses the font 'Scarlet Ribbons', I really like the way this logo looks, as I think it has a playful and fun appearance that looks both modern but also reflective of the 1950's inspiration. The font has a really strong 1950's connection as it has connotations of the 1950's american diner style fonts used at the time. However, the over all logo has a modern feel as I have used bright, pop colours and I feel it connotes connections to current artist such as Katy Perry who uses a similar logo idea for her name. I have used an inner bevel and glow on the text to create dimension and give a more exciting, 3D effect. To improve this logo I would make a bubble around the text to make it a solid object as opposed to a font.


Here, I have improved the above logo, using the same font and adding in an 'outer glow' to create a bubble like effect that ties all the text together to unite it in a logo form.


For this logo, I have used the same effects as the previous one but changed the font. The font i have used here is called 'Rocket Script', I really like the retro 1950's appearance of this font.


For this logo I have used a different font called 'LambrettistA'. I have kept the same colour scheme and font effects as I feel this colours well reflect the artist and the pop genre of music.

This logo uses the 'Channel' font. The different layout gives the logo a more simplistic look which may fit better with the overall look i wish to achieve. Having all the text all in the same colour also creates a more united look. This is my favourite look as I feel this best fits the appearance I would like my cover to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment