Wednesday 17 October 2012

Digipak and Advertisement Research: Colour Pallet

For my digipak and advertisement I want to use a specific colour pallet. I think a 3 colour pallet would work best for my advertisement as this helps to create a bold appearance that catches the audience's attention. However, for my digipak I may use a 4 or 5 colour pallet as there are more sections and elements to take into consideration and the use of just 3 colours may make the album appear to simple and uninteresting.

Advert Colours:
For the advertisement I intend to use a worn/stained paper effect background, therefore a pale brown/sepia colour will be one of the 3 within my colour pallet. The second colour will be either a dark browny-black colour or a greyish colour, such as the one shown below. As these two colours are to be used for basic elements such as background and text, they are therefore basic colours. For this reason I will make the third colour a contrasting colour to these dull colours and use a pale, pastel colour such as light turquoise or baby pink to make the overall appearance more interesting but to also add character and a fun, pop music feel to the advertisement that will reflect the artist and her music. The two colour pallets below are the type of colours I intend to use.



















Digipak Colours:
For the digipak I will use more colours as there will be a larger amount within it. Similarly to the advertisement I intend to use a worn/stained vintage-looking paper effect background, light brown/sepia will therefore, again, be one of my main colours. I will also use the same colour for the text, either a dark brown or grey. I will also use a pastel or pale colour within the digipak, to match the colour theme of the advert, but I may use one or two more to create a more interesting appearance. I may also use a darker colour to add contrast, such as a darker shade of purple or pink. The digipak will contain black and white photos, therefore these will be two of the main colours within my colour pallet. The colour pallets below show some of the colours and kind of colours I intend to use.





No comments:

Post a Comment