Tuesday 16 October 2012

Digipak Research: Font Ideas

1950's Style Font Ideas

Here are some of my font ideas for the title of the album, 'Ghosts'. These fonts could also be used for the logo design for 'Lexi and the Spectrum' and within the advertisement. These fonts have been taken from www.tackorama.net/Fonts.

'Channel' - I really like this font, i think the swirly appearance would work really well as it has a vintage feel but also works really well in bright, pop, vibrant colours that match the kind of look I want my album cover and digipak to have. It also goes well with the 1950's diner feel.

'Cinerama' - I really like the unique look of this font, however I don't think it's quite right for the look I want to achieve, though it does have a really good 1950's vibe.
'Classic Car' - I really like this text as I think it's one of the best at reflecting the 1950's retro american diner feel, however I feel it is a little to strong or harsh as a text, I would prefer a more curvy and fun font.
'Scarlet Ribbons' - I think this is my favourite font as it captures all the element of my artist; the 1950's vintage feel, the fun american diner look of the video and album and the modern artist's music. I feel it has a more modern day feel whilst also feeling very 1950's inspired.














'Air Conditioner' - I like this font as I think it best shows the american diner idea, it's also very 1950's and fun.













'Swizzle Sticks' -  I really like the fun, retro appearance of this font, it really helps to emphasise the links with the 1950's and american diners. I think this could work really well as the font used for the album title.



No comments:

Post a Comment