Wednesday 17 October 2012

Digipak Research: Cover Layout

I really like the idea of using a simple layout for the cover, I intend to achieve this by using an object as a focal point picture for the cover and the artist's 'logo' and album name to appear above and below this respectively.  I want the main object to be a prop that relates to the 1950's era, props used within the music video and/or the american diner theme of the logo. Here are some examples of the type of appearance I would like:



I really like the use of the old retro monitor on this album cover as I think it has a statement appearance that makes it stand out to the consumer and it also has a really strong retro feel to it. However, I would like to incorporate more colours into my cover to emphasise the pop, fun and modern side to the artist and her music. I would also use bolder font to emphasise the artists name and the album title. I would also prefer to have a sepia, more vintage background as opposed to the grey used here as I think it would help it to look warmer and friendlier rather than the cold, harsher feel of this one.


I like the idea of using an object, such as this 1950's telephone, on the album cover. I think this type of prop could make a really clear connection to the 1950's as well as a link between the music video and the album as this is one of the props we're using within the video.




These sorts of props are also easy to draw, giving the option to either draw or photograph props for my digipak.

No comments:

Post a Comment