Wednesday 17 October 2012

Digipak: Cover Ideas

For my album cover I have considered using either photographs or a drawing as the main image, as well as for images throughout the digipak and on the advert. I like the idea of using photographs of the artist as this could help to give the digipak a really professional look and finish, however the photos must be really good quality and well lit in order to achieve this. I have not yet taken any of my own photographs, however, the photo below of Marina and the Diamonds is an example of the type of photos I would like to get.This is just an example of the sort of appearance I would like both the photographs and the artist within them to look. However I intend to edit my photos to make them either sepia or black and white to help tie into the vintage theme. For my first draft I will use these images edited the way i would like my actual photos to appear.

Marina and the Diamonds
I really like the strong appearance of this photograph, this is the sort of photograph i intend to use within my digipak and advert as I think strong photographs will help to give it a professional look. I really like the spotlight lighting used here, this is something I intend to replicate within my own photos. I also think close ups, like this, of the artist will work better in my digipak.

I have also considered using drawn pictures, below are albums i have looked at for inspiration:

Maroon 5 - Overexposed
I like the busy appearance of this album artwork, I think the colours work really well as it's bright and stands out. However, for my album I want to achieve a more subtle, simplistic look, therefore I would probably limit the colours I use to a basic 3-colour-pallet throughout my digipak and within the advertisement. The main element of this album I like is the drawing style itself, the blocks of colour and cartoon effect with some pattern mixed in works really well and creates a cluttered effect that suits this album. It is also a style that's relatively easy to manipulate or recreate myself. If I use this style I would draw and image of my artist in this style in black and white and scan it in to edit on photoshop and add in colour that way.








No comments:

Post a Comment